Saturday 28 May 2011

RG Aile Strike Review

For my first review post,i will talk about the RG Aile Strike that has just been released a month ago



While building this kit, i had a lot of accident starting from the ruined eye sticker,to spilled thinner that ruined the strike's cheek,and frosting due to top coat




As a result, i have to sand it off with 400 grit sandpaper.continuing with 600grit and then 1000grit
And for the eyes, i airbrushed it with a mix of gaia notes' star bright gold and star bright silver
and this is the result:
 The right spoon has more gold in it,which i used to color the eyes.
I colored some of the parts of the aile pack with gundam marker and a gold marker(not gundam marker)


Usually, i add color to my kit if i feel like something should be done in some parts,bandai's 1/144 kit requires a lot of coloring,so i color them myself with gundam markers and sometimes,i airbrush them. So, i rarely use my foil sticker in building my kits.
After finishing the body, and weapons:
Aile Strike

 After panel lining with gundam marker:
After decal and top coat


You can see that the color of the right feet and the body is a bit lighter,due to the frosting.
In my case.the frosting happened because of the spray can is almost empty,so the gas which pushes out the paint/top coat is not strong enough.
Lesson learned the hard way,that's how i think we learn something in this kind of hobby.

Overall, i think this kit is awesome, even if it's quite hard to make it stand with the aile pack
I like the details, i like the design, and the articulation is also great(obviously,it's RG)
I'll give it 8/10
This kit lost 2/10 because of the fragile frame,and the heavy backpack

Tips: before you try to move the joints, you should put some lubricant in the joints,because that will help to move it for the first time,and dont forget to choose the lubricant carefully, for me, i used singer lubricant oil
I also use this to lubricate my side cutters and to keep it from rusting.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty slick after the decal and all. Good job, keep up the great work. Will be looking forward to your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding various poses will help a lot :)

    ReplyDelete